Acts as records management officer for the Town and is responsible for all active files, disposition of inactive records and protection of archives. Functions as the Town’s Purchasing Manager.
This position pays a salary of $73,819.20 to $116,251.20 annually. It is an exempt position. This position reports to the Town Manager.
The Town provides 100% paid employee health insurance, dental insurance, long-term disability, life, and accidental death insurance. The Town also provides 50% paid dependent health insurance, a 401a retirement plan that is fully vested after three years, paid time off, and paid holidays. Employees have the option of purchasing additional life insurance, short-term disability insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, and vision insurance at reduced rates.
This position will remain open until filled.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares Commission meeting agendas and documentation for meetings. Records official minutes of Town Commission.
- Reviews and approves purchase requisitions.
- Assists with obtaining quotes and bid specifications; processes bids. Reviews and negotiates purchasing; prepares contracts.
- Reviews and approves Business Tax Receipts.
- Prepares legal advertising notices.
- Prepares ordinances, resolutions, and proclamations.
- Develops and maintains operating policies and procedures for the Town Clerks Office.
- Coordinates Town elections.
- Maintains records retention schedule for the Town.
- Maintains and reviews contracts and agreements.
- Supervises and evaluates work performance of employees in the department.
- Maintains classification of Town ordinances.
- Prepares release of liens.
- Acts as Purchasing Manager.
- Prepares and maintains the Clerk’s Office department budget.
- Researches Town records and responds to inquiries from the public.
These essential job functions are not to be construed as a complete statement of all duties performed. Employees will be required to perform other job related duties as required.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of open meetings and open meeting laws.
- Knowledge of laws relating to advertising Town meetings and actions.
- Knowledge of municipal record keeping requirements.
- Knowledge of municipal election laws.
- Knowledge of Town ordinances and policies.
- Knowledge of office practices and procedures.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED) equivalency.
- Must have at least three years’ experience in general office management.
A comparable amount of training, education or experience may be substituted for the above minimum qualifications.
Certifications, Licenses or Registrations
- Certified Municipal Clerk or ability to obtain certification within time limit set by Town.
- Notary Public (within 90 days of employment)
Essential Physical Skills
- Ability to communicate with individuals in person and telephonically.
- Ability to access, input and retrieve information from a computer.
- Ability to access file cabinets for filing and retrieval of data.
- Ability to view a stationary display screen for extended periods of time.
All positions are regular full time unless stated otherwise. Employment applications for vacant positions may be submitted at Town Hall or by email. Each application must include the position title, and each position requires a separate application.
All submitted materials are subject to public disclosure by the Florida Public Records Act. The Town is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.