Public Works


Public Works Department Overview

The Town of Lady Lake Public Works Department provides a wide variety of services for its residents and utility customers.  Services which include anything from patching potholes, trimming trees, highway landscaping, to water service, sewer service, and our new reuse water service for irrigation.  With the implementation of reuse water service, the Town of Lady Lake ensures that Florida’s most valuable natural resource is used wisely and also ensures that the residents receive sustainable utility services for many years to come.

One of the most recent accomplishments for the Public Works Department include extension of utilities on CR 466 from US 27/441 to the Sumter County line.  All of which were funded by developers and impact fees collected for future development.  Existing customers were not required to fund any of the 2+ miles of new infrastructure.

Along with the utility extensions on CR 466, the road was widened to four lanes to provide relief to the highly trafficked roadway.  The project included new sidewalks, lighting, landscaping, and even a multi-use path for mixed pedestrian traffic along a portion of the roadway.  This project was funded and constructed by a joint venture between Lake County and The Villages.  The Town of Lady Lake was actively involved in all phases of the project and currently maintains all of the corridors landscaping.

Another recent accomplishment would be the implementation of a Pavement Management Program or PMP.  The PMP is a comprehensive program that includes routine inspection and rating of all of Lady Lake’s streets that are maintained. Using this information along with computer software, Lady Lake’s staff can develop a yearly project list to incorporate aging streets into a resurfacing schedule, prioritizing the most critical streets in need of attention.

Lady Lake’s Public Works Department takes great professional pride in the services performed for the residents, as is apparent by the aesthetically pleasant landscaping and cleanliness of the main thoroughfares inside the town limits. This same clean and pleasant atmosphere is also apparent throughout all of the neighborhoods in Lady Lake.

Please feel free to give us a call with any questions or concerns.

C. T. Eagle, Sr.

Public Works Director

Town of Lady Lake



Only Rain down the Drain:

The storm water system was designed to handle water, so as to prevent flooding, and not as a place to dump or discharge waste, including yard waste or leaves.

Report anyone dumping an illicit discharge into the storm drain ditches or drains.

Stormwater Illicit Discharge Hotline phone number – 751-1526

Water Conservation

The Town of Lady Lake is under St. Johns River Water Management District.
Mandatory lawn watering restrictions apply.
Please open the below link to Know Your Days to water.

Public Works Information

Call the Public Works Department at (352) 751-1526 for the following problems.

Potholes or road damage.

Low tree limbs hanging over the road.

Bushes or trees blocking road view.

Street signs or stop signs missing or damaged.

Storm drains clogged or needing attention.

Debris dumped along roadways or right-of-ways.

Retention pond problems.

18 Gallon Blue Recycling Bins are Available for Non-Villages Town Residents to pick up at Public Works, 136 Skyline Drive  – 352-751-1526


Questions and Answers

Who do I call if I have a water line break and I don’t have my own shut off valve to turn the water off? Utilities at (352) 751-1525

Who do I call if I need to know my trash pick up day? Waste Management at (352) 787-4416

Link for Hazardous Waste Disposal and Additional Solid Waste Information

Who do I call if a tree falls across the road? Public Works at (352) 751-1526

Who do I call to report tree branches hitting the top of trucks or other vehicles on the road? Public Works at (352) 751-1526

Who do I call to report road repair maintenance needed? Public Works at (352) 751-1526

If you need any information you cannot access on our website, please call us at 352-751-1501 and we will obtain the information for you. The Town is in the process of developing a new website. We invite you to take a look and let us know how we are doing. We value your feedback.