Mock Commission Meeting Agenda
Mock Commission Meeting Agenda,
January 31, 2018, 9:15 a.m.
All interested persons are cordially invited to attend this public meeting.
Town Hall Commission Chambers, 409 Fennell Blvd., Lady Lake
Citizens are encouraged to participate in the Town of Lady Lake meetings. Citizen groups are asked to name a spokesperson. Speakers will be limited to three minutes. Additional time may be granted at the Mayor’s discretion. Upon being recognized by the Mayor, please approach the dais, state your name and address, and speak into the microphone. The order of agenda items may be changed if deemed appropriate by the Town Commission. Please be respectful of others and put your cell phone on silent mode.
Marie Ray of the American Legion Auxiliary (Unit 347) and the Town of Lady Lake collaborated with The Villages Middle School to allow their 7th grade Civics classes to come to Town Hall for a chance to experience local government by participating in a mock Commission meeting.
The following is the approximate timeline:
- 9:10 a.m. — Welcome by Kristen Kollgaard, Town Manager
- 9:15 a.m. — Introduction by Marie Ray of the American Legion Auxiliary (Unit 347) and Five Minute Presentations by Department Heads to Explain Department Functions to Students
- Pam Winegardner – Finance Director
- Marsha Brinson – Library Director
- Thad Carroll – Growth Management Director
- Maureen Gochee – Human Resource Director
- John Pearl – I.T. Director
- Mike Burske – Parks and Recreation Director
- C.T. Eagle – Public Works Director
- Robert Tempesta – Interim Chief of Police
- 10:00 a.m. — Question and Answer Session for Students
- 10:30 a.m. — Students Break into Groups with Department Heads
- 11:15 a.m. — Mock Commission Meeting (First Session)
- 11:45 a.m. — 12:15 p.m. – Lunch Break
- 12:30 p.m. — Mock Commission Meeting (Second Session)
- 1:00 p.m. — Question and Answer Session for Students
- 1:30 p.m. — Presentation of Awards by Marie Ray
Note: Please be advised that one or more members of the Town Commission may be in attendance at this meeting.
Please contact the Town Clerk’s Office with any questions at 352-751-1571. This public hearing is being conducted in a handicapped accessible location. Any handicapped person requiring special accommodations or an interpreter for the hearing or visually impaired should contact the Clerk's Office at least two days prior to the meeting. To access a Telecommunication Device for Deaf Persons (TDD), please call 352-751-1565. If a person decides to appeal a decision made with respect to any matter considered at the above meeting or hearing, he may need a verbatim record of the proceedings including the testimony and evidence, a record of which is not provided by the Town of Lady Lake. (F.S. 286—0105) One or more members of any other Town Board or Committee may be in attendance of this meeting.