Planning and Zoning Meeting Agenda Item
Green Key Village Phase 3 Replat — Final Plat Plan — Proposing a Replat of 27 Age-Restricted Single-Family Residential Lots on a 7.29-Acre Parcel Zoned PUD within the Green Key Village Development, Located on the North Side of Lake Ella Road Approximately ½ Mile East of Rolling Acres Road, Addressed as 1635 Lake Ella Road
Staff Recommended Motion
1. Motion to forward Green Key Village Phase 3 Replat — Final Plat Plan Application to the Town Commission with the Recommendation of Approval.
2. Motion to forward Green Key Village Phase 3 Replat — Final Plat Plan Application to the Town Commission with the Recommendation of Denial.
Staff is in support of Motion Number 1.
On Thursday, October 3, 2019, applicant and owner, Greg Thomas of Green Key Village, LLC, applied to replat the Green Key Village Phase 3 Subdivision. On October 1, 2018, the Town Commission originally approved the final plat of Green Key Village Phase 3. Upon completion of construction of the model homes, and through the closing process of the sale of a home in Phase 3, it was realized that the utility easement along the front property line was shown as ten feet on the plat. As per Ordinance 2016-43, the required front setback for the lots is only five feet. The developer presented this request to the Commission at the time of the Planned Unit Development proposal, and the Commission agreed the five feet would be fine, as it was the intent of the developer to orient the cottage homes closer to the road and that the roads would remain private.
As with the original proposal, the Green Key Village Phase 3 Replat proposes the construction of 27 age-restricted single-family residences located on approximately 7.29 acres on the north side of Lake Ella Road, approximately ½ mile east of Rolling Acres Road. The Final Plat Plan was reviewed to determine compliance with the Land Development Regulations (LDRs) and Florida Statutes Chapter 177. The following items are included in the packet:
- Review of the replat completed by Town Attorney, dated October 8, 2019.
- Final Plat Review completed by Town Surveyor, dated October 3, 2019.
- Joinder and Consent to Plat, executed September 19, 2019 by Kathryn Paul.
- Second Amendment to the Supplemental Declaration of Restrictions for Green Key Village Phase 3.
- Opinion of Title dated October 2, 2019.
- Revised Final Subdivision Plat Plans submitted on October 8, 2019.
A waiver has been listed within the notes of the first page of the plat, allowing the five foot utility easement to be provided along the front property line, in lieu of a ten foot easement as would typically be required per the Land Development Regulations. And the line work on the individual lots has been adjusted with dimensions showing the five foot front easement width. Although the changes were minor, a replat of the subdivision was found to be the only remedy to correct the discrepancy between the intent of the developer as provided by the Planned Unit Development Memorandum of agreement and the easements shown on the original plat of Phase 3.
The Town Commission approved Ordinance 2016-43 on February 6, 2017, establishing the zoning for the 7.29-acre parcel as Planned Unit Development (PUD) for the age-restricted project.
The Green Key Village Phase 3 Subdivision Preliminary Plat Plan received approval by Town Commission on June 5, 2018. The applicant received initial final plat approval for Phase 3 on Monday, October 1, 2018.
A Sewer & Water Agreement was executed between Town of Lady Lake and the Property Owner/Developer, and adequate capacity has been allocated to the Green Key Village Phase 3 Subdivision.
Satisfied and Revised Items:
- Applicant has addressed all outstanding Town Attorney comments.
- Applicant has addressed all outstanding surveyor comments.
- The Declaration of Covenants, Restriction and Easement for the Green Key Village Subdivision Phase 3 indicates that Phase 3 is an adult community designed to provide housing for persons 55 years of age. No person under 19 years of age may be a permanent resident except permitted to visit and temporarily reside for period not exceeding 30 days. Drainage and utility easements are five feet on all front and side lot lines and ten feet drainage and utility easements on all rear lot lines.
The Technical Review Committee (TRC) members individually reviewed the application on Monday, October 7, 2019, finding the application complete ready to move forward to the Planning and Zoning Board.
The Town Commission’s first and final reading of the Final Plat is scheduled for Monday, October 21, 2019, at 6 p.m.