Commission Meeting Agenda Item
Church at the Springs – Conditional Use Permit (CUP) Proposal – To allow for the placement of two RV Trailers in front of the Children's Ministry Building for a period of up to 12 months to allow space for the kid’s ministry area during construction of their new building, located at 1055 Teague Trail, and the northeast corner of County Road 25 and Hood Avenue, on a 1.11-acre parcel zoned light commercial, owned by the Church at the Springs, Inc., and identified by alternate key 1449588.
Staff Recommended Motion
Staff recommends advancing the proposal as recommended by the Town Commission.
On Wednesday, January 12, 2022, Town staff received a request from Ronnie Richardson with Church at the Springs Inc. to bring forth a proposal consisting of the placement of two Temporary RV Trailers to be placed at 1055 Teague Trail, identified by Alternate Key 1449588, within Lady Lake.
The applicant indicated the following:
- There are only proposing two RV Trailer Units
- The long-term goal is to demo the building that is currently on the property and replace it with a new one. The trailers will serve as a temporary solution during the planning and construction phases of the building.
- The Church would like to place the trailers on the property by the beginning of April 2022. They would stay for a period of 6-12 months depending on the construction schedule of the new building (pending any delays related to delivery of construction materials).
- The RV trailers will serve two purposes: First, as a temporary way to expand the space for our kid’s ministry area. Second, the trailers will serve as the sole kids’ space during construction of a new building.
- The trailers will provide immediate space that we can utilize as well as give us something to use between the current building getting demolished and the completion of the new building.
Upon the Town Commission’s direction, the applicant will pursue submitting a Conditional Use Permit (CUP) application to allow for the placement of the temporary RV Trailers via an ordinance.
At this time, the applicant would like to provide the Town Commission with:
- Proposal Memo
- Concept Plan Layout
To be determined.
Source of Funding